Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: B.B. King

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Suspiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2004
    Posts
    1,358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I managed to snatch some tickets for a B.B. King concert on Saturday night. My expectations are real high and I am expecting the show of a lifetime. Just wanted to check if anyone here has seen him live and also, who could I expect on drums?
    I am hoping to see a wonderful 3-4 piece kit with some deeeeeeep grooves!!! Any input?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Suspiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2004
    Posts
    1,358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's been a couple days since the concert, but I thought I'd write up my impressions for anyone that cares to read 'em.
    I should add that I wanted to go see Steve Vai instead, but there were no more tickets. As I walked home I spotted a B.B. King poster and what do ya know? He's in town tomorrow night! So I decided to dish out the 67 Dollars for the ticket... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    The venue was awesome. It was Montreal's Opera/Theater and my seat was on a 6-seat balcony just above the stage. I had a perfect view of the entire stage.
    So then the band walks on...They start jamming a tune until the man himself steps on the stage. Unfortunately I forget the drummer's name...I know he was called Kaleb...Jr...something. Anyway, nothing special but extremely solid time and cracking backbeat. Keep in mind the band members were atleast 40 and over - not to mention B.B. whos 79 at the moment. I wasn't familiar with all his tunes, but the evening was amazing. It was obvious that the band had been together for decades. I suggest you guys check him out if he's ever in your town. He said himself: "I'll be doing this till I die, folks."

    EDIT: Ha! The drummer was Caleb Emphry.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 06, 2005 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Suspiria ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PocketPlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2002
    Posts
    1,462
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ol' Caleb

    pwcaleb

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Suspiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2004
    Posts
    1,358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Haha, that's the guy. Thanks for that pic. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •